My favorite book





I have some favorites books, and one of them is The Miserables of Victor Hugo, I get to it after watching the 1998 movie, It was on 2015. It's a french novel published in 1862. It tells  the story of several characters between 1815 and 1832 in France and it's a book of the romantic movement, known for showing the poor ones or the dispossessed. 

It's focused on Jean Valjean, a ex-convicted who spent 19 years in jail for stealing a leaf of bread(he tried to escape, so many years were added), when he's released he hates society. Outside, he's rejected by society, but it's helped by a bishop even after stealing his chandelier, this incident turn his life, because finally someone forgive him. Years after Jean Valjean adopt a orphan, Cosette, a prostitute's daughter, but his life is pursued by a fanatic police inspector. 

I enjoyed it a lot, even if some parts were boring(it's a big book). I recommend it because I love the way it's written.Also, raises through his argument a reasoning about good and evil.

Comments

  1. Sound like a very nice book, now I´m interest in read it. Is the same movie? With the same name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there's a musical version(2012)which won a oscar, maybe you have heard about it. And the 1998's version, which is not a musical haha. Both of them are called Los miserables, you can search it with the years
      :)

      Delete
  2. I think I heard about that book but i didn't know what was it about,but actually, it sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie sounds very interesting, I'll see it barely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment